The Wonnacotts

The Wonnacotts

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Something about moms

Why is it that moms just make everything better?  This last weekend we welcomed my mom in to town for a fun weekend! Fall here in Colorado is absolutely beautiful, so I enjoyed showing off the multicolored trees and sunshine. Jax and I picked her up from the airport Friday afternoon and then headed to lunch. We did a little shopping, and then headed home to get Jackson a nap.  We snuggled Jax and talked the rest of the night away.
(This picture was actual taken before my mom got here, I just think it's pretty!)
It's crazy how having a baby slows you down.  Sometimes I think that the slow down allows us to enjoy quick visits like this even more!  Saturday morning was spent trying to get Jackson to take a nap.  This kid has never been a great sleeper.  But this weekend was particularly bad! It was almost like he knew his grandma was here to play with him.  Seriously though, he would look out the door longingly and refused to close his little eyes! We finally left Garrett to try to get Jax down at 1! We grabbed lunch and ran errands. And luckily, someone took a much needed 3 hour nap. We ended the day with some BYU football and jam making!

And let me tell ya, this was some delicious strawberry jam! Karen is quite the homemaker, and I love learning some of her tips.  She really is as good as they come! And here is what Jax did all night...

 
Such a difficult child I have!  This is him 99.9% of the day. I guess you can say I hit the jackpot!  Sunday afternoon came way too fast for us Wonnacott's as we dropped my mom off at the airport.  Anyone else up for a visit?  Our doors are open!




No comments:

Post a Comment